What Information Do We Collect?
We collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information as needed to facilitate and improve the services and information we provide:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of PACS’s website. For example, we may collect IP addresses, click-stream data, length of session, and other information related to your use of our site for purposes of system administration, to improve our site, to report aggregate information to our advertisers and sponsors, and/or other internal uses related to our site.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of joining our organization, subscribing to our services, email notifications and/or newsletters, including name, email address, phone number, mailing address and/or credit card number, and also including any information we may collect from you off-line (such as personal information you have sent us by postal mail or provided in person at an event). To make your experiences on our site and with us more convenient, we gather this information directly from you.
How is the Information Used?
We use the personally-identifiable information for the specific purpose it was provided (for example, to process a membership, registration, product order, etc.). We may also use your information to analyze use of our services, improve and customize our offerings, send our users email reminders, and to provide you other information that we believe may interest you.
Specifically, we may use your personal information:
- To provide member related services
- To deliver services, such as educational programs, information or newsletters you request or purchase
- To send marketing communications relating to our organization which we think may be of interest to you by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
- To alert you to special offers, updated information and other new services from PACS, other third parties, or to forward promotional materials
- To process your order and, if necessary, to contact you regarding the status of your order
- To fulfill the terms of a promotion
- To ensure the PACS website is relevant to your needs
- To help us create and publish content most relevant to you
- To request your feedback about your experience with PACS
- To answer inquiries, content submissions and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
When you register for a conference or other event, the information you will provide will be used for purposes related to that event. For example, your name, job title, credentials, and/or company name and other information collected may be included in a list of conference attendees and your name and contact information may be provided to event sponsors and exhibitors who wish to notify you about event activities and their products and services.
Protecting your Privacy
Mailing Lists and Newsletters
We use your personal information to send you e-newsletters and program updates. These include helpful resources, articles, stories from our communities, fundraising initiatives, new webinars, blog posts and treatment/research news from the PACS professional community. You may subscribe to email and newsletter lists in various places on our site and, in some cases, you will be subscribed to email lists based on other activities, such as membership or event registration.
We may use a third-party provider to deliver our email content. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter and to improve on our communications marketing approaches to better suit your needs.
For more information on our current third-party service provider, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. Your email address will be stored in Mailchimp’s database for as long as we continue to use their services for email marketing or until you specifically request removal from the list. You are legally entitled to inform us at any time if you no longer wish to receive these newsletters and may do so by emailing us at email@example.com or you may unsubscribe yourself). We do not rent or trade email lists with other organizations and businesses.
We will not, without your expressed consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law, regulation, rule or court order;
- Pursuant to requests from governmental, regulatory or administrative agencies or law enforcement authorities;
- To prevent, investigate, identify persons or organizations potentially involved in, or take any action regarding suspected fraud, potential illegal activity, or activity we believe may expose us to legal liability; and/or
- In situations which we believe to be emergencies involving potential threats to physical safety of any person if we believe that your information in any way relates to that threat.
Security of your Personal Information
We have implemented reasonable technical and organizational security measures to safeguard your personal information and prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your data or that your data will always remain secure. Transactions on our site are primarily protected by encryption software and we may use other technologies in the future to protect your information.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will never ask you for your password (except when you log into the professional member community and online community via this website).
Privacy of Minors
Our services are not intended for use by minors. We do not knowingly collect personally-identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that a child under age 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete the child’s personal information (except as may be necessary for legal compliance) and remove the child from any mailing lists.
Release and Limitation of Liability
By providing us with any personally-identifiable information, you expressly and unconditionally release and hold harmless PACS and its respective shareholders, owners, members, directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the use and/or misuse of your information. In addition, while we take reasonable steps to prevent third party companies from making unauthorized use of your personal information, we cannot be held liable for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the use and/or misuse of your collected personally-identifiable information by those third parties.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time. You are entitled to view, update, amend, or delete your personal information that we hold. Email your request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EU User Consent and Data Subjects
We are headquartered in the United States. Your personal information may be accessed by us or transferred to us in the United States or to our affiliates, partners, merchants, or service providers who are located worldwide. If you are visiting our site from outside the United States, be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located, and our central database is operated. By using our site, you consent to any transfer of this information.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), the Data Controller is the Panic and Anxiety Community Support in North Carolina, USA..
Our Deputy Executive Director is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this policy for the purposes of the GDPR. If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, or to exercise your rights as listed below, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.
Any EU user not consenting to such uses of data and cookies by PACS should not use this website.
FOR EUROPEAN USERS ONLY: You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your personal data) if we intend to such information for marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. Under European data protection law, in certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data. You may have the right to request access to any personal data we hold about you as well as related information, including the purposes for processing the personal data, the recipients or categories of recipients with whom the personal data has been shared, where possible, the period for which the personal data will be stored, the source of the personal data, and the existence of any automated decision making.
- Request correction of your personal data. You may have the right to obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate personal data we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data. You may have the right to request that personal data held about you is deleted.
- Object to processing of your personal data. You may have the right to prevent or restrict processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data; Request transfer of your personal data. You may have the right to request transfer of personal data directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.
- Withdraw your consent
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third-party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities.
Third Party Websites
The website contains links to third party websites which are beyond our control. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on these third-party websites prior to any use.